Tis the Season

Tis the Season

August 18, 2012

Orbs Over Long Island August 2012

.My family and I are still on our summer’s vacation however I felt it important to report the fact that I am  being sent reports from those living along the South Shore of Long Island concerning strange lights, objects and Orbs. I was sent an email by a man who reported yet another strange sighting of an unidentified object along the South Shore of Long Island New York that I felt should be shared right away.

Obviously Long Island once again seems to be a hot bed for this type of  activity. I think that Long Island is a small land mass hanging out in to the Atlantic Ocean that is a connecting point from the open sea to land which makes it a vantage point to see the coming and going of what may be coming out of or flying over the great Atlantic Ocean.   As far back as I can remember UFO sightings have been reported by Long Islanders. Many strange lights and objects have been seen along the South Shore of the Island facing the Atlantic Ocean.

The most recent report was sent to me a few days ago during the first week of August. It came from a young man who is located around the mid-point of Long Island close to the Islip Township.
The man wrote and told me this sighting of an Orb was seen by a group of men (about 6), who were standing in an open area talking. It was night time and they were in a parking lot type area surrounded by a small tree line.

Suddenly, the group of men noticed a very bright large Orb floating above them. It was silent and hovering. It would move above the tree line about 30 feet above telephone pole height. The strange Orb hovered and maneuvered above them standing in  the lot and the  trees lining the lot . It seemed to watch them before it simply disappeared right in front of their eyes. It was there and bam, it was gone.

The group of men did not know nor had they ever seen anything like this Orb before. They are not people who are interested in things of this nature and were shaken by being invaded by the strange object. The men tried to figure out what they had just seen and tried hard to reason out what it could have been. A few wanted to chalk it up to a balloon or toy controlled by someone playing a trick, others had similar ideas, all of them realized they had just witnessed something they had never seen before. Three of the men felt they had seen something unknown which is why they wrote to me and explained what they had witnessed. The group of men where shaken and frightened by the odd event.

I think this group of men is now among the millions of other people who have had an encounter with the unexplained. Orbs that  are being reported at an alarming rate all over the world. At this point I remain confused and concerned about the Orb dilemma. I experienced firsthand an experience with a Red Orb during the 1970’s that had a huge impact on my life. I understand Orbs can be harmful and dangerous and try to warn those seeing them to stay away from them if they see one.

If you do find an Orb watching you immediately seek safety and other people  to protect from being taken or harmed by this strange object. I do believe they are objects that watch us and collect data about us however I truly believe they are capable of more. I think the group of men reporting this recent Orb sighting is lucky it left them quickly. I think it was sizing up the idea of taking or somehow making contact with them. The fact there was five or six of them along with the fact they were located near other human activity and lights at the time saved them from this fate.

Please be aware people are seeing and dealing with strange things daily. It is only a matter of time that one day  you may find you are the next one to be alone looking into the cold dark eyes of the unknown. Put down your cell phones and hand held gadgets that control your attention and maybe purposely have been  placed in societies  hands to make us vulnerable, distracted and controlled by things we could never dream of . Who knows what lurks out there. Pay attention to what goes on around you as you never know when it will be your turn!  Do not be the one who walked into the trap and finds they are alone and lost to the unknown.

Copyright © 2008-2012 Chris Holly's Paranormal World
email phone 631-877-4818


CHRIS HOLLY'S Paranormal World

 Update to My Readers

My spouse has an opportunity to work in Europe for the next two months. It is something we are thrilled about as it will extend our summer’s vacation to the beginning of November

I will be spending my time visiting the different places we are heading to and hopefully finding new and interesting things to write about.

I will not be posting daily on my blog but will continue to post new articles that I plan to write during my time away.

We have had a very interesting summer and hope our travels will continue to be a wonderful adventure for us.

I hope you continue to visit now and again to read my new postings. I want to thank you for being loyal readers as well as the real people who send me incredible encounters of extraordinary events. 

I will continue working on the completion  of my book which is full of the events of everyday people like you experiencing amazing sightings or experiences. 

While I am busy visiting ' across the pond ' as well as  writing the articles told to me by people like you please continue to be careful out there and always pay attention to your surroundings.

Thank you

Chris Holly


The year was 1974. I was married at the time. It was late summer. I was in my bedroom on the second floor of our suburban home getting ready for bed. It was about 11 o'clock that evening. A large window in the bedroom covered a considerable portion of the bedroom wall. The window looked out over a small grove of pine trees standing between our house and our neighbors’ house.

The trees stood about 30 to 40 feet high. I glanced out the window as I changed into my nightshirt. I thought I saw something strange outside but a second glance revealed only the same old tree. Nothing else seemed to be there. I sat on my bed to fiddle with my slippers. From my bed I had a full view out the window. This time I clearly saw something. In the tree at the center of my window--the biggest tree, up near the top--sat a large glowing red orb, just hovering there.
I looked at it for what seemed a very long time as my mind tried to figure out what I was seeing. I had never noticed anything like that before. I wondered if my neighbor had placed some type of light in the tree. I wondered why he would do that, as its only purpose seemed to be illuminating my bedroom. I looked at it and realized it seemed to move slowly in a clockwise rotation. I also felt a little dizzy. I heard my husband in the kitchen and called for him to come into the bedroom and look at this thing.
I told hi
m there was a strange light in the tree just outside the window. I was still sitting on the bed. He walked into the bedroom, handed me my nightly cup of tea and then walked over in front of the window. I heard him whisper, “What the hell is that?”
I stood up next to him at the window. He was fully dressed in jeans and a tee shirt and I was wearing my nightshirt with my cup of tea in my hand. We stood staring at this strange glowing red orb slowly moving in the tree. It had a deep red color and a semi-transparent depth making it mulch-dimensional yet without a fixed shape. It was the size of a beach ball or maybe slightly larger. I couldn’t determine exact dimensions as the light distorted the size of the orb from second to second making it appear to pulsate as it hovered within the tree.

I would like to give a detailed explanation of what happened from that point onward but that is not how this experience played out. The next thing I recall is waking up in the morning on top of my bed next to my husband.
We were both groggy, feeling as if we had huge hangovers. We apparently had not been under the covers but were lying on top of them instead. The bed was l perfectly made. I was still in my nightshirt but wearing my robe now as well. My husband was fully dressed in his jeans and tee shirt. We remembered the red orb but had no memory of lying on the bed or falling asleep. My husband recalled getting very dizzy and apparently blacking out. I could only recall looking out the window. We were confused and felt very odd.

My husband immediately walked outside to see if he could find whatever might have
caused that red light. I quickly threw on shorts and a shirt and ran after him. Frankly, I did not want to be alone in that room.
We searched the yard. We searched our neighbors’ yard. We found nothing unusual. My husband then climbed up into the tree where the red orb had been hovering. He found nothing at all. We walked over to the neighbors’ house and asked them if they had shone a light into the tree the night before or seen one there. They acted as if we were a bit nutty. We could not figure out what that red orb had been or why we could not recall anything from the point of seeing the orb until morning.

We never saw that red orb again nor was its temporary presence ever
explained. A short time after that night my husband began declining into a depression and significant personality change. Fall and winter arrived. As time moved on he became very difficult to live with. About a year later we decided to divorce and go our separate ways. We did remain friendly. I would see him often in various social settings over the years.

It was October 2002. I had remarried years before and had a great family and happy life. My ex-husband also had remarried and seemed content. Every now and then we would see him and his wife. W
e all got along well. October had rolled around and we received from them an invitation to a big Halloween party. It was going to be a large party and everyone was asked to arrive in costume. Word around town was that they went crazy and had wonderful decorations. They had been working for weeks on this event. Our friends and family were also invited. Everyone was going to be there and so we decided to go too.

Without question, this party was the most mind-blowing thing any of us had ever seen. I was beginning to feel a little weird. The detail given to each decorative scene was way over the top for the likes of a fun Hallowe
en party. The content of the displays also made me extremely uncomfortable. As we wandered around the house we made our way out to this huge tent they had erected on the back of the house. In this tent were food, a bar, chairs and a stage they had built.
The stage had a curtain over it with a sign stating the show would begin at midnight. I tried to relax and enjoy the party but frankly this insane display of detailed aliens and UFOs made me uneasy at first and then very nervous. The aliens were made of some kind of rubber. They were grayish and looked very real. It must have taken him months if not longer to create all of it. His wife later told me he had been obsessed with this party for over a year and spent hours every night and weekends building it all in their garage and attic.

Midnight arrived and we all gathered around while he pulled the curtain open across the stage for the show to begin. When the curtain opened, a display of a bridge of a UFO appeared with about four life-size mechanical aliens moving about, pushing buttons and making strange sounds as if communicating with one anot
her. A table-like slab that seemed to float was in the corner of the display. It had a human-like full-size doll on it with an alien leaning over it. The alien held a tool in its hand and was waving it over the doll. The display had flashing lights and sound effects and everything in it moved. It was the most incredible thing I had ever seen and it frightened the hell out of me.
The people at the party were thunder-struck by this scene and yelled and clapped and laughed. They loved it. My ex-husband stood there looking very pleased. I walked over and just stared at him. He turned and stared back. I then said to him in extreme seriousness, “You remember this, don’t you, from that night?” Without blinking an eye or giving it much thought, he looked right at me and said, “Yeah, I think so.” He then turned and walked back to his party. I thought I was going to cry, vomit, or faint. I found my husband and told him I had a stomachache and wanted to go home.

On the drive home I told my husband about the red orb I had seen so many years ago and what had happened at the party and how upset it made me. Like all good husbands he reassured me my ex was just a bit off and that I shouldn’t take it to heart. I could tell, like a wife can, that my husband was concerned and found it all very odd as well.
I think something happened that night years ago when that red orb sat in that old pine tree. I think it changed my ex-husband for the rest of his life. I also think I subconsciously block all memory of it. Maybe his experience that night was worse than mine. I tried a few times to bring it up to him. He just tells me he is not sure what happened that night and will not discuss it past that. I am very fearful of it all since that Halloween party and so I just let the subject stay, as it is, unspoken.

I never take the stance that unexplained events people sometimes talk about are ridiculous or untrue. I lived a few experiences in this life I cannot explain. I simply refrain from letting them become the center focus of my life and I accept that we know far less than we think we do. I accept there are many things we do not yet understand. I also try to stay aware of my surroundings. I am a firm believer that it is best to walk away from that which one does not understand rather than to walk toward it. The unknown is just that--the unknown. My motto will always be to walk softly and carry that big stick. ♥

Copyright © 2008- 2012 Chris Holly all Rights Reserved
Chris Holly
s Paranormal World-
Email  tele 631-887-4818



I am still on summer vacation and enjoying every minute of it. We spent a day visiting Montauk Point located on the end of Long Island New York. It is a beautiful coastal area full of beaches looking out over the Atlantic Ocean. The areas I was interested in spending time visiting and   talking to the locals about near Montauk Point were Plum Island and Camp Hero.

The only thing the local people living in the area had to say about Plum Island is that it is now a quiet place and those living and working on the end of Long Island, ( which is only a mile or so away from the dreaded Plum Island,)  is that   they are very glad it has been closed down and moved. The opinion of the locals is that now destroyed by the lab that occupied the island  for many years    Plum Island will only remain a piece of contaminated land mass floating in the ocean made useless due to the practices that took place while it was in use.

 The local population stays clear of the place and considers it a loss due to the horrors that took place on it since the end of World War II.   My family and I were taken by a family friend on a boat ride where we were able to get a good look at Plum Island. From the distance we viewed it the island looked peaceful and much like many other outer islands around Long Island. It is hard to believe that not many years back this island was the grounds that housed dangerous biological materials as well as assorted animal testing and experiments that we can only conclude were rather disturbing and dangerous. 

In my mind Plum Island will forever be the place where in the early 2000’s  a dead male  was found on its coast line dressed oddly for the winter season with five holes bored into his skull. The most disturbing fact about this dead corpse was that it had 18 inch long fingers on extremely strange hands. I was sickened when this report became public knowledge to the locals of Long Island but not at all surprised this man was found along the Shore of Plum Island. 

Viewing this island today on a beautiful summers  day makes it difficult to understand it was a land of experiments and  horrors that took place during its  hay day of secret activities that were supposedly for the good of mankind that ended with a island that can never be decontaminated that  was the place for the  end of  life for  the  strange male being with the 18 inch fingers found dead upon its shore  As one who  lives on Long Island I am over joyed this place has been closed and no longer is operating near my home and those I love.  I think the focus now for those who may have been interested in the saga of Plum Island should be where  this laboratory has  been moved to and if the people living near it are being protected from what takes place behind the  closed doors of this lab.

Camp Hero has been known as a past place of strange military activity and experiments. It also is located in the Montauk Point area of Long Island.  Today it seems to be a barren land that once may have been a beehive of activity but now remains an empty shell of desolation. I am sure this military compound did have a long and complex past but it too has been forgotten and left with only a dark bleakness about it. Seeing the shell of the remains of Plum Island and Camp Hero cements the fact that other places far more advanced and dangerous surely exist. I am sure we are all kept in the dark about where they are and who inhabits them however I do know they are out there. It is just another reason why all of us must stay alert and in touch with our surroundings so you are aware what may be going on right in your own backyard. 

What is interesting on Long Island this summer is how many UFO reports have been flooding the Atlantic coast line. Everywhere I go I hear of people who have seen strange lights over the Atlantic Ocean or inland over the South Shore of Long Island.  I continue to get emails and phone calls as well as having people I meet along my vacation on the east end talk about seeing strange bright hovering lights over the water. Others talk about white orbs flying in formation over the interior of the Island. I do hope all the UFO groups that are organized out there are setting up camera outposts to try and capture the strange things being seen in our skies. The interesting thing is that many of the sightings being reported are being seen during the day. I keep and bring my camera and cell phone with me at all times. I am always watching what goes on around me and want to be prepared to record any oddity I may see. I hope you all are doing the same. You never know when it will be your day to look clearly at an unknown.

I will be visiting Mt Misery Road and the area around it with a group of interested paranormal individuals this summer  to see if we can experience or capture any strange events that may happen in that haunted area of Long Island. I have been to this area twice and both times encountered very strange events.  The first time we encountered a ghostly figure screaming and waving his fists at us as we sat to the side of a road in our car in the Mt Misery Road area. We tried to search for the man as soon as we encountered him but could not find him anywhere. It was a very strange event. 
The second visit to this area was when we visited a very old abandoned house. We took photos of the house to find that within seconds of taking a picture of the front of this house something odd was caught as the camera took photos of the second floor of the house in quick secession to find a window empty in one and something in the window on the second photo. I wrote about it at the time and placed the photos on my site. I will rerun that article when I post this article. 

We will be heading back to Mt Misery Road as our vacation continues. I will continue to keep you all updated if we find anything unusual when we investigate this strange area of Long Island.

Besides the UFO sighting reports  being sent in to us we have had five emails and one phone  call from across the USA and Australia telling us the people are still finding half cats corpses on their property. The people all describe  the exact same thing. The cats are cut neatly and cleanly in half and only the top or one half of the cat is left to be found. The dead half cat is always placed so it will be easily found and viewed and is cleanly gutted and bloodless. There are no signs of an attack or any mess to be found. 

I have no idea why this is happening or who or what is behind it . I do know I have been sent these reports and wish I had more information to give to those finding these mutilated half cats. I can only tell them it goes on and they are not alone. I find the half cats to be a very strange , sick event and wish we knew why it was happening so we may find a way to stop it .For now keep your pet cats as safe as possible.

Knowing it is a very active time from the amount of contacts I have had from those seeing strange things they do not understand I want to   remind all of you to stay alert and focus on your surroundings. Do not keep your face pushed against some device that keeps you distracted and dumb to the world around you. Start to watch the world and sky and I assure you during these active days of unknown events it is only a matter of time before you will have your own encounter. 

If you do find a time you see something you do not understand try to capture it on your phone or camera and do not panic. Keep your safety first in your mind. Never walk alone towards the unknown; it could be the last the world may ever see  you. Know it is important to be aware but more important to keep yourself and those you love out of harm’s way. 

Stay cool and know the summer is always a time of high paranormal activity.


CHRIS HOLLY'S Paranormal World



A  while ago I wrote an article about my adventure of investigating , with a bunch of my family members, the legendary Mt Misery Road here on Long Island , New York.

The road is known for  being haunted by way of  being a place with lots of old history including being the location of a civil war Hospital among other things.

For years people have been claiming to see ghosts along the road especially around the area of a very old cemetery

A handful of relatives and I  decided to take a trip along this road about a year or so ago and found it to be very interesting. The road is located in the middle of a very busy part of Long Island however stands out like a throbbing sore thumb as soon as you travel for a few minutes down the road and away from civilization. 

The area of this road has been preserved by old homesteads that  have become locked in time. The road and those around it are narrow  country roads lined with lots of open land belonging to the old houses that make up the area. There is a great deal of state owned property mixed in along the road making it very desolate and blocked from what the rest of Long Island has grown to be. 

Traveling down this road is like stepping back 200 years in history. Not only is it locked in a time warp it is also a very bleak eerie place that without question made my skin crawl. I did not enjoy my trip to this road or the area around it , in fact I could not wait to leave .

My family and I did not see anything we found ghostly during our first visit to Mt Misery Road and decided to track back to look at the old homestead of Walt Whitman in the area. When we reached the house we pulled over off the road to look in at the house and grounds. 

This was when two odd things occurred.   While looking at the house we heard an old time train whistle coming from the large state own preserve across from the house. My brother was in the back seat and commented that  there were no train lines in the area. We all thought it was odd but knew there could have been many reasons for hearing it including  the fact someone in the area may own an old  train whistle and uses it to call in kids or to announce the time. People do this kind of thing when living in a open country area.

The second thing to occur is a bit more confusing. As  my car full of family were all looking to the right side of the car towards the old homestead , I could feel something on my left and turned towards the driver's window where I was sitting. There right in front of my face an Asian man in a small black vehicle had driven right up to my window and was screaming at me. I did not hear him I watched him. His mouth was moving and his hands were over his head just raging at me.  I was stunned and said to the others in the car " What the ..?."  
I looked quickly towards my family sitting with me in the car to get their attention . It could have only been a second or two. I turned back to look at this crazy man to see only the back end of his car quickly pulling away. 

Again I turned to the others in the car asking if they had just seen that?  My partner in life was sitting next to me in the front in the passenger seat. He told me he saw the end of a dark vehicle driving off but nothing else. I tried to look in my mirrors to see where the man went. From where I was parked it was impossible to see  down the road. 

I pulled away and did a U turn to see if I could see where this odd man went. The road was empty in both directions . We decided to ride down the road as it was  impossible for his car to disappear from sight that quickly. We concluded he pulled in to a driveway. 

The man had no reason to be screaming at me as we were completely pulled off of the road and not blocking his passage. His rage  was strange so we wanted to see if he was a local who lived on the road and angry at our tourist behavior in his community

It became apparent once we started driving down the road that this man did not pull in to a close driveway or  another homestead as there were none. We drove up and down the road trying to figure out where this man disappeared to in his little black car who was screaming at us without sound or reason. I will never forget his rage or how although yelling at us we heard nothing. 

That event cured my need to visit Mt Misery Road. . I found the area depressing and the event with this strange man uncomfortable . I wrote about the event and forgot about it.

One of my sisters and her husband both work in medicine. They are science minded people who until proven otherwise keep a rather skeptical view of things considered unknown.

She told me once about a year ago that every now and then they use Mt Misery Road as a short cut across  Long Island to travel from the North to the South Shore. She told me it was very unusual due to the fact it is like stepping back in history and time and she was captivated to have a living view of what life was like a few hundred years ago. 

She did not mention this road to me since she told me that and I thought nothing about it - until recently.
My sister called me and told me she had a very strange experience with her husband driving along Mt Misery Road. She told me they were slowly making their way along the road as it was very overgrown in areas and the foliage was overtaking some of the already narrow passage the cars had  to travel along the old road.
My sister  told me her husband had her  pull off the road along the state land as a large branch was blocking most of the road and her husband felt it made for a dangerous obstacle and wanted to hop out and throw it back in to the woods. 

She said her husband was in the process of tossing the old limb back into the wooded area along the side of the road when out of nowhere ahead of them about 40 or 50 feet down the road  an Asian man appeared in the middle of the road. He was shirtless with black pants on. He was waving his arms at them and appeared to be angry with them.

My brother in law was a bit stunned for a second and stood and looked at the man. He  put up his hands in a no problem gesture and yelled down to the man " I do not want any problems buddy - just clearing the road. We are leaving now".

My sister's husband got back in the car  and told my sister to lock the doors and to keep driving. My sister hesitated for a moment as the man was ahead of them and frankly he frightened her.

The Asian man walked to the side of the street . Her husband thought he went back up his driveway and told her to simply stay in the middle of the road and drive on. He wanted to leave the area as to not upset the man any further. Obviously he was not completely normal  or he would not be shirtless or yelling in the road.

My sister started the car and gunned it down the road. They drove past the area the man was standing only to find congested woods on both sides of the road. They kept driving but did not come to another driveway or street for about a half of a  mile . They were confused about what they saw and found a police care once they drove back to the populated area and told him what had happened.

Of course the police were not interested but did agree to drive down the road to see if the man was harassing cars and drivers.

We have no idea if he did go or if he did find anyone or anything. I found their experience as odd as our own and think that Mt Misery Road  has yet another strange ghostly inhabitant protecting the area.

I told the story of what happened to my sister and her husband to my brother who is visiting me for the summer. He wanted to  take a trip over to that area to take some pictures of the old homesteads and history that is part of the area. I had little interest in returning but agreed to take a quick ride down the road so he could take his photos but told him anything at all odd and we were out of there.

The road remained as I had last seen it locked in the past and for me bleak and eerie. I do not like being there at all. 

My brother took the photos he wanted and we were leaving the area when he was drawn to a very old house that was abandoned sitting along  the side of the road.  He insisted I stop the car and we both got out of the car and stood directly in front of the old place.

I stood looking clearly at it and did not see anyone or anything around. It was extremely quiet around the old house. I noticed I did not even hear birds or the normal sounds of summer while I stood in front of the house. I did not like the house and it made me extremely uncomfortable.

My brother was captivated by the old place and kept taking photos of it. I finally felt so creepy at this old place that I got in the car and threatened to leave my brother there if he did not get in the car with me. He agreed the place had a bad feel and jumped in the car when I started to drive away.

Days went by before my brother decided to load his photos into his computer. When he did he sent me  a few photos with this question  " What is that in the upstairs window? Did you see anything when you were standing there?" 

I looked at his photos and quickly saw what he was questioning. There in one photo is how the house appeared to me when I was standing in front of it. I walked with my brother and stood next to him when he took the second photo which in time were only about 15 seconds apart  when he took them. I was looking at the house carefully both times and did not see anything.

It may  be nothing however on the one  photo it clearly looks like something is in the window second to the right on the second floor of this old house. I have no idea why this looks as it does. My brother does not think it is a trick of the light . I have no idea what to think. I will tell you I have no intentions of going back to find out.

 Photos taken that day with one below showing odd shape in second floor window that was not there seconds before.

My brother wants to return to take careful photos to see if he can capture anything else. I told him he is on his own . All I can say is that things are very odd on Mt Misery Road and I guess that is why is has the reputation as the most haunted road on Long Island.


 If your visiting from another link please click here to be taken to our main page to see all of our posts!  thank you       Chris Holly!


I was 16 years old and had my junior driver's license, which meant I could driveuntil dark. It was summer and dusk came late--around 9 o'clock. When we planned our days well and were lucky enough, we would arrange with the 18 year-olds who had full licenses to follow us home to drop off our cars before nightfall. They would then take us out in their cars for the rest of the night.

On a typical evening we would all hang out at the McDonald's in town. As dusk approached we would try to find the 18 year-olds willing to follow us home before the night took hold and the police sorted us out. Anyone caught driving with a junior license after nightfall would lose his or her driving rights altogether. Consequently, the hours between 7 o'clock and 9 o'clock became critically important each evening. If we did not have our "after nine" pals lined up by then, we were home for the night by nightfall.

It was a Saturday night. My parents were off visiting my grandparents. I was allowed to drive my mother's convertible around with my pals until nightfall. I was to return the car to our house by 8:45-or else.

I was out with my two friends, Sally and Sara. We were hanging out with our other pals at McDonald's. My friend Sally's older brother agreed to pick us up at my house at 10 o'clock that night--after I had taken my mom's car home. He agreed to take us for pizza in town. It was a big deal to us at the time as my friend's brother was a 20 year-old. Being seen at the pizza place with him was a feather in our 16-year-old caps.

Time came for us to take the car home and so we headed to my house to meet Sally's brother. I drove the car home and parked it in the driveway in front of the house.. We all rushed to my front door as a few hours of cola drinking at McDonald's left us all in urgent need of the bathroom. The three of us ran to the bathroom across the hall from my bedroom and laughed as we yelled at each other to hurry up and swore off all additional cola drinking during future McDonald's visits. I was last in line and rushed into the bathroom as my two friends stood brushing their hair in the mirror.

My friend Sally stood straight up, turned completely white and said to Sara and me, "I have a horrid feeling--we are not alone in the house. I think I heard something." We all froze and listened. I thought I heard a sort of bump, too. I stood up and said, "Let's get out of here!" The three of us blasted through the bathroom doorway, down the hallway, and out the front door. I slammed the door and locked it. Luckily, I had placed my keys into my pocket but I left my pocketbook inside the house. We ran to the car and I backed it into the street. We quickly closed the convertible top and locked all the car doors. We were all in the front seat. We sat there terrified. I could feel my heart pounding with a fear I knew was real and warranted.

After a few minutes we thought maybe we were just suffering from "boogie-man" syndrome. I thought I should at least go back inside and get my pocketbook. Then I could call my parents and have my license and money with me as well. I was getting out of the car to go back to the house when something caught my eye.

 I lifted myself from the driver's seat and stepped outside the car, I thought I saw the front porch light flicker. My friend Sara stood beside me in the street as we looked up at the house. We watched as the light over the front door turned on and off-again and again. I felt a fear I had never before known. Somebody was definitely inside the house and playing with us as well.

We jumped back into the car and locked the doors again. I started the car so we could go call the police and my parents. As I turned the ignition key with my trembling hand, I continued to watch this person inside our house proceeding to light up the living room. As we pulled away, my friend Sally said, "Oh God, he is in your room! He turned on your light!" I felt sick and angry all at once, knowing as I drove for help that someone was in my home, intentionally toying with us.

We reached the end of my street just as my friend's brother turned the corner on his way to pick us up. I blew the horn and told him to pull over. We all started screaming at once. He had brought two of his football pals with him and so we all decided to return to the house for one more look. We both parked in the street and everyone watched as lights inside the house kept switching on and off every few seconds--first the kitchen, then the den, and then over to the living room. The front porch light was apparently turned on and off every time this intruder passed the switch inside. The boys watched this taking place and clearly felt the same fear we did. My friend's brother decided we needed to call the police. He sent one of his friends in his car to call 911. We stayed locked in my mother's car--the three of us girls, Sally's brother, and Sally's brother's friend.

I decided to keep the motor running. At this point I was scared out of my mind. We watched as the light show continued. We sat silently waiting. The air was still. The only sounds we heard were the light chirping of summer crickets and the light hum of the car motor. Nobody said a word. We all knew we were being watched by and played with by some type of madman. Sally finally broke the silence. She said, "Thank God you did not go back into that house." I just sat frozen, ready to drive away if I needed to.

We sat there for what seemed an awfully long time but in truth was only a few minutes. I was very fearful this person in my house would leave before the police arrived. We sat anxiously as the seconds ticked away and occupied ourselves by watching lights turning on--and now staying on--throughout the house. Soon the house looked like a barn fire on a dark beach as every light appeared to be on--including outside floodlights and driveway spotlights. We again sat silently, watching. Suddenly from deep inside the house came this animal-like, wild growling scream. I will never forget this non-human screaming until the day I die.

As this thing screamed it must have been pounding on the backside of the front door or a front wall. The house echoed this wild animal like screaming and muffled banging with such force I began to shake and cry. My friend's brother touched my shoulder from the back seat with his hand and said, "We need to leave. This is way too much for us to handle."

I was shaking so much I could barely place the car into gear. We started down the road but had rolled only a few yards when our friend returned with a police car following right behind him.

Coincidentally, my parents were turning the corner right behind the police car. I stopped my car and waited until the policeman was standing just outside my car door. I rolled down the window and then we all started to tell him what was happening.

The policeman looked up at the house to see the last of the light changes occurring. While  the policeman stood looking at the house the creature inside let out one last howling scream. The policeman reached for his side arm and whispered "Mother of God" My parents ran to the side of our car and the policeman asked my father for the keys to the house. He then withdrew his gun, called for backup and started up the driveway toward the front door.

Before the policeman unlocked the front door, another policeman arrived. He ran to the front door to aid the first policeman and they entered the house together. We all stood outside watching as the policemen made their way through our house-this now eerie-looking building we girls had been giggling in just moments before. It again seemed as if a very long time passed-maybe ten to fifteen minutes--then one of the policemen called my father to the house.

Again they seemed to be searching the house-this time all three of them. My dad eventually returned to the rest of us, still standing by the cars, and told my friend's brother to take all the kids directly home and to lock his car doors and not stop for anyone or anything.

As my friends drove away, my dad told my mother and me to get back into the car. He got into the car with us and quickly locked all the doors. He then told my mother and me the policemen discovered the back door had been ripped open. He said the person who broke in had taken some of our clothing and makeup and thrown it around the house. My dad then looked at my mother in a way that told me there was something more he was not saying.

By this time there were many police cars around the neighborhood. I saw two policemen with a dog searching the neighbors' yard closest to our house. My friend Kim lived there with her family. We sat in the locked car for a long time. Both of my parents were upset and I was scared to death.

Finally a policeman appeared at our front door and motioned for my father to come back inside the house. My dad left us locked inside the car and did as the policeman directed. My dad talked with the policemen for a few minutes and then motioned for my mother and me to come inside the house as well. When my mother and I walked into the house, one policeman and my dad took my mother by the arm to show her something down the hallway while another policeman tried to distract me in the living room. I wanted to stay with my parents and so I started to walk toward the bedroom area where they had gone when my mom let out a horrible scream and burst into tears. I took off in a full run to where my parents were standing.

They were in my bedroom. I walked into the bedroom myself and saw my parents looking behind my open closet door. The policeman was looking behind the door as well. I leaned forward and pushed the closet door closed in order to see what they were looking at in the space behind it.

On my bedroom floor, no longer hidden by the closet door, sat a little wooden chair my dad normally kept in his office behind the garage. Draped over the chair, as if someone had been sitting there holding it in his hand, was a long piece of brand new rope. It looked as if someone had just let it slip from his hands as he stood up to leave. On the floor beside the chair were a long sharp carving knife from the kitchen and some matches. My makeup had been used to paint strange marks and symbols on my bedroom wall. My nightgown was torn and thrown into the wastebasket next to my desk. On my bed was an outline where something had laid on it and left an imprint. Across my headboard on the wall were long claw marks where something had torn into the wall. I also noticed a putrid order lingering in the house. I took it all in despite my paralyzing terror and then I looked one more time at the little chair and rope no longer hidden by the closet door.. I ran to the bathroom and vomited. My mom, crying, came in after me. I knew I had missed losing my life that night by the mere luck of my friends needing to use the bathroom. If I had entered the house alone, my life surely would have been taken. The question was, but by what?

It was a big deal that night. The police stayed with us for hours. They did not pretend the incident was just a robbery or some silly kid staging a prank. I knew clearly, as they did, that I had barely escaped a cruel and untimely death. Police searched the area for hours that night. They scanned the house for fingerprints and took great care in recording the details of all we had seen and heard.

The police talked to my dad before leaving and told him they knew of another incident in the area with similar details. A woman had been lured into her basement by the unexpected sound of her washer and dryer running. She also heard the horrid screams of this vile intruder and ran for help. It was not the first time they had to deal with this, and we could tell the police were both concerned and frightened.

I slept on the floor in my parents' bedroom that night. In fact, I slept on their bedroom floor until my dad fitted all the windows and doors of the house with either heavy-duty locks or steel bars. I refused to go outside by myself or drive anywhere in the car alone. I was terrified.

We were sitting at the kitchen table when he finally came back. I could tell by one look at my dad's face something once again was terribly wrong.

My father sat down and told us that my friend Kim had been sitting in the family room watching TV. She was home with her mother and little brother, sitting on the couch beneath the family room window, when something from outside the house grabbed the window--frame and all--and ripped it right out of the side of the house. I could not understand what he was telling me. I asked my father what he was talking about. He repeated--someone or something with incredible strength grabbed the window frame and ripped the entire thing out of the wall of the house. Kim jumped up screaming as a long greenish gray snake like arm swatted for her from outside the window shell. Kim claimed she felt what seemed like a claw skim across her neck. Her mother heard all the noise from another room. She grabbed her husband's loaded rifle and ran into the family room where she saw the window ripped out of the wall and this arm reaching for Kim. By this time Kim was on the other side of the room screaming. Her mother took aim and fired at the space where the window had been. She could not tell whether she hit it. What ever it was ran away howling that same angered non-human scream when she fired the gun.

Once again the police searched the area. Dogs were used. Police cars covered the streets. Once again this creature escaped. I remained terrified the rest of that summer. I refused to leave the house without another family member accompanying me. I refused to drive alone in my car. I never stayed home alone and progressed only as far as sleeping in my bedroom with the door open-provided my brother (who was home from college on summer breaks) or my parents kept a bedroom door open as well.

I went away to school the following year. I would never again spend time alone in that house. If my family went away, I would go out too and stay out until they returned. I never again felt safe in that house.

As far as I know, whatever entered our house that summer night was never caught or identified. I do know he or "it" intended to tie me up and hurt me. I do know he or "it" had little fear and enjoyed terrifying us that night. I also know he or "it" was beast-like and far from human given its loud haunting screams, incredible physical strength, reptile like skin and putrid smell. I do know the monster that ripped the window and frame out of Kim's wall was the same monster that intended and tried to kill me.

I am thankful I ran out of the house that night, that I did not go home alone, and that my friends were there with me to help me think things through. Sometimes our fate is just a slight degree from being something we can or cannot survive.

That night fate gave me a helping hand. Many a day since I have pondered how lucky I was to survive that horrifying period. It haunts me still as I continue to wonder what type of creature I could have faced alone that night. We all often wonder from where did it come? And where did it go? I often think about this experience as one of the greatest mysteries of my life.

Remember; always be careful out there. One never knows what lurks behind the closet door!

Copyright © 2008-2012 Chris Holly's Paranormal World
email phone 631-877-4818

CHRIS HOLLY'S Paranormal World

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...